Thursday, October 27, 2011

Savor the Moment.

 March 20, 2008.
 This is the day that I got my best friend. 

Today I looked back on 'Through the Lens' blog posts, to find any photos that Caity and I have taken through the years, and I stumbled upon this great day in our History...


This was the first day that I EVER hung out with Caity Rose Sullivan! WHAT?! I know, right?  I was stunned when I got to this post. It shocked me to remember the days when I didn't see Caity every single day! It made me really thankful to have her as a best friend.... And that's when I realized....

A Best Friend isn't a title. It's not a label either. Best Friend isn't how many pictures you share on facebook, or who has more friends. Best Friend isn't about who looks better in the yearbook, or who got a boyfriend first. Best Friend isn't about who gets asked to which dances, or who makes it onto dance royalty, or onto student council. Best Friend isn't about who has more stuff, or who's more popular.  Best Friend is a trust built by two people, that can't be broken. Best Friend isn't something that comes without hardship or bickering, but it is the thing that always prevails. Best Friend is having someone's back, and knowing that someone has yours. Best Friend is an HONOR.



Best Friend is not caring how ugly you look in the first photo you ever took together, and posting it on your blog anyways. 
(But Please dont' judge us.....) ;)

No comments: