Saturday, August 6, 2011

That's a soup bowl, not a cereal bowl....

:SENIOR YEAR:

I really cannot believe that it's here. I've been in school for twelve years, and I'm about to start my thirteenth! I'm so excited, and scared, but mostly excited for this year. So many changes are happening. So many decisions are going to have to be made, but I'm so up for it! I know I can do it. I have two goals for this year...
  1. Keep my life Organized, and on track.
  2. Make a difference in the lives of the kids at DHHS.
1 - I'm really nervous about scholarships, and working, and college choices, and electives, and clubs, and hobbies, and young womans. I'm really nervous because I have NO clue how I'm going to balance them. I don't know how I'm going to do it... all I know is that I have to. I'm not letting myself give up on ANYTHING this year. No matter how stressful it can be. I may have to lighten up on a few things, but I'm going to try my hardest to keep everything going strong. I want to know where I want to go to college. I want to know how I'm going to pay for college. I want to know what I want to do with my life, and I'm bound and determined to figure it all out this year. I know it will be hard, but I can do it.

2 - I know I'm not the koolest kid on the block, but I know that I can make a difference in the lives of the students at my school. Every time I think about the fact that I'm on exec. I think back to my Sophomore year, and how cool I felt because one kid on exec. knew my name, and said hi to me. I felt cool because a senior knew who I was, and wasn't too stuck up, or cool to know who I was. I feel like that's a really big problem in my school, and probably every school. My goal is to get to know more people. I would love to say that I want to get to know every student in the school, but I don't know how I could possibly do that.... I just want to get to know as many as possible. I want to be able to walk down the hall every day and say Hi to someone that I met the day before. I want to make someone else feel included like I felt when I was a Sophy.

I'm really so excited for this year, and I already know that it's going to be so much fun.

1 comment:

Mission to Hong Kong said...

You such an amazing and talented young lady..just enjoy your senior year! Keep things simple, keep the faith, follow the prophet, honor your parents, and eat a treat a day!Everything else will fall into place...love ya, Sister Dean