Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sometimes, you just don't have to know.

Things I've learned....
  1. Being 'the best' at everything, is SO overrated!
  2. Expect the un-expected.
  3. Sometimes you don't have to know how you feel, or what you're going to do.
  4. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. 
  5. Procrastination. Bad mojo. 
  6. Try it; what have you got to lose? 
Senior year.... what can I say about it?
It's scary. 

College is just around the corner. Is this statement ridiculous or what?? Oh my gosh I can't believe it! All of these years of hard preparation for college applications and scholarships, and the funny thing is... I'm just now realizing how much it all payed off. I'll be the first to admit that it doesn't matter if you had straight A's in elementary school... even though I did. I'll also be the first to say that college doesn't care how many friends you have. They do however care how many clubs you joined, how many leadership positions you've held, how many jobs you've had, and how many points you got on the ACT. The funny thing about all of those years of preparation before high school, is that it shaped me FOR high school. I've been able to participate in so many clubs, activities, leadership positions, and working experiences, and if I hadn't started molding myself to be this way at an early age... then I would have accomplished nothing. College may not care if I Aced my second grade spelling test, and they may not care that I have so many amazing friends... but those things definitely have an impact on all of the things that college DOES care about. I'm glad I realized this, without actually realizing it when I was younger. College.... ugh.

No comments: