Sunday, February 5, 2012

When every day seems to be 'one of those days'...


Sometimes, life just sucks.
or at least it seems like it...

I've learned from past experiences that optimism is one of the greatest talents to hold. YES. Optimism is a talent. A talent is a Gift. Talents come from Heavenly Father, thus making the gift of Optimism one of the greatest, from Heavenly Father.

Everyone has their blue days... I know that this is a fact, however some people have less 'blue days' than others, simply because they posses the gift of optimism.

I'm pretty sure I have this gift. Actually... I know I have this gift. Anyone who can break their arm, and look at it in a positive way, because they didn't have to work all summer, has the gift of Optimism. However, even us optimists can flip the 'half full" switch, to "half empty".

My switch is on "Half Empty" right now.

I know, I know. This is supposed to be one of those " OH MY GOSH I AM THE HAPPIEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " posts, right?

Wrong.

Sometimes I get sad. Everyone does. The point of this 'not-the-happiest-person-ever' post, is to remind myself, and anyone else out there who cares, that NO ONE can flip your switch back to "half full", but you.

When you're sad, no one can truly fix it but you. YOU have the power to decide how you're going to look at life. Happiness is a choice. What's yours?

No comments: