Sunday, April 29, 2012

Things I'm Grateful for.

This weekend has been one of the LONGEST weekends of my life. Thursday morning I woke up at 6:00 and left for a two day Unified Studies Campout, then ten minutes after we got back, I left on a bus to State Solo and Ensemble at Lone Peak High School. Over these 72+ hours, I had time to think about, and time to miss the things that I'm most grateful for in my life.

1. My Parents - I might complain about, and fight with my parents, but at the end of the day (The long day of camping, or bus riding) I'm so thankful for them. I'm thankful for the relationship that I have with my parents, because I've realized that some people don't have a relationship with their parents, or not as great of a relationship as I have. I appreciate everything that my parents do, and even though I don't show it all the time, I love them more than anyone.

2. Mi Hermanita - Wow. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Emily is probably one of my best friends in the WHOLE wide world. I can tell her anything, and even though we fight like cats and dogs do, I love her sooo much.

3. A clean room - I've been SO busy over the past month, and I haven't really had a chance to clean my room very well. I do what I can here and there, and speed clean, but It's never as good as being able to sit down for two hours and just CLEAN! Cleaning my room is one of the most rewarding things! I feel organized, and on top of life when I have a clean room.

4. My Co-workers - I love, love, love, my job! I have been away from work for four days, and I feel so disconnected on all of the Payless Gossip and fun! I can't wait to get back to work tomorrow! Anyone need a shift covered?

5. Orchestra - This weekend was my LAST State Solo and Ensemble EVER. I've gone every single year of high school, and I've had a blast! I can't believe it's almost over. I can't believe that Orchestra is almost over. I've been playing the violin for eight years, and if I don't find time for it in my life, then it will all be over with. I don't have time to play in the College Orchestra, and I don't really have the desire to. I think back on all of the summers where I haven't picked up my violin at all, and I can't help but imagine what a lifetime of no orchestra classes will do to me. It's now or never for my violin, and I have to figure out what I'm going to do, but I am SO grateful for the eight years that I've spent in music, and especially grateful for the most amazing teacher, Kirsten Candland.

6. Listening to Music - I haven't been able to actually LISTEN to music in SO long! The State S&E bus rides provided some long needed music listening time. I put in my John Mayer; Where the Light Is CD, and let his voice carry me away. To this day, that's the best Album that I have ever bought.

7. My Closet - When you're away on a trip, you don't have all of your clothes, and you live out of suitcases, which is the most terrible and un-organized thing for me! I never really realized how much I appreciate my closet. I love, love, love being able to have all of my shoes with me, and being able to match outfits up. I almost died with only four pairs of shoes on the State S&E trip, and I only took ONE pair on the Campout! Talk about willpower. #Shoeaholic

8. My house - I had ten minutes in between the Campout, and the S&E trip, and I HAD to go home. It wasn't that I really needed to get anything, I just had to be here, and I had to see my house. It's a symbol of my family, and being home, even without my family, is almost like having them there! I love my house, and my yard, and my room, and my family, and my neighborhood!

There are so many other things that I'm thankful for, but these have been the most impressive over the past few days. ♥

No comments: