Sunday, September 18, 2011

Word of the week ::: Bokeh

This week I learned about Bokeh... 
Wiki defines it as... "the aesthetic quality of the blur in out-of-focus areas of an image"


If you've ever been in Photog. Class... you can relate it to aperture. The lower you go, the less amount of focus you will get in your photograph. I did a little bit of research... and I learned that "Bokeh" is a really popular, and artistic type of photography! and I do it! :)

I found a couple of websites that display some great Bokeh Photography.



The reason I'm super stoked about the Bokeh factor is.... I asked for a new lens for my Birthday. :) It's a 50mm 1.8 Canon lens, and one of my photographer friends told me about it. I'm sooo stoked to get it! :) She told me it has a great Bokeh effect... we'll see if she's right! :)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I just got a 50mm for my Nikon this summer and I love it. I was so excited to get it! It is amazing how the quality of photos are so much different than the kit lens that came with my camera. It is so fun to play with the Aperture on the "nifty 50" .... have fun with it! I can't wait to see what you do with it.