Sunday, July 17, 2011

I miss that.

Lately I've been facebook photo reminiscing. I've also been reading my past journal entries, and looking at our old family photo albums. I realized that I really miss the way things used to be.

Grandpa - I miss my Grandpa a lot. It's been a long time since he passed away, but I still remember being with him like it was just yesterday. I remember the "Grandpa's little baby" song, and I remember when he used to tell me the story of the three little pigs. Instead of yawning, he would yell OOOOOOO-PAHHH. Kind of like a greek person at a party haha. Every wednesday night during the winter and fall months, my grandma and my mom would go out shopping, and my dad, Emily, my Grandpa, and I would stay at home with Ice Cream Sundaes and the board game Clue. My Grandpa was ALWAYS Mr. Plum. I miss going up to the old house in Salt Lake. I miss my horsey Swing. I miss the apple trees... but most of all I miss the Art Studio where my Grandpa kept all of his painting and Architecture supplies. I miss the way that my Grandpa would always say "Forgive and Forget" whenever anything happened. After my Grandpa passed away our family fell apart a little... The last time I saw most of my cousins was at my Grandpa's Funeral. My Grandpa was the greatest person ever, next to my dad. He was Student Body President, Q.B., he worked in the Air Force, he was an Architect, a Painter, a Miner, a Husband, and a Father. I think I get most of my personality from my Grandpa. I wish he were still alive, because I know he would be really proud of all of the things I've done. He always wanted to play the violin... I think that's why my mom pushed me into it so hard (I'm glad she did BTW). I miss my Grandpa a lot.

The Quad - Believe it or not, I miss the Quad A LOT! I look back and remember all of the fun times that Caity, Myrranda, Ashley, and I had! I wish that Cait and I were still close friends with Mynie and Whipplash... High School would be so different! I would never trade the friends that I have now, but I wish that I still had some of the same friends that I had in Middle School.

Buena Vista 2nd Ward - I miss my old house. I miss my old ward. I miss being a little kid! I'm so sad that my childhood home has been destroyed by the people who owned it after my family. It was PERFECT when I lived there. I miss being able to jump the fence to the Bice's house. I miss the Clubhouse, I miss picnics at the pond. I miss night games. I miss our boat. I even miss the blue padlock that was always on the wooden gate leading into the back yard. I miss the misters on the patio, I miss the shed, I miss the attic... Again, I love where I live now... SO much, and I would never DREAM of living anywhere else, but I miss the simplicity of being a little kid. I miss that a lot.

Sports - I really miss playing sports. I started out with Soccer when I was a little kid, then moved onto Softball, then Volleyball, then Golf! Sports were so much fun! I wish that they didn't take up SO much time in High School... otherwise I would probably still be playing.


... I miss a lot of things. I hate the fact that when we grow we have to leave things behind. I wish that I would never lose any friends. I wish that I could grow, and stay the same at the same time... but I know that's impossible. Memory is one of the best gifts that we've been given. We never really have to leave anything behind.

No comments: