Saturday, July 23, 2011

Survival of the most clutsy.

If I didn't earn Cluts of the year award before... then I sure have it now. I've been at Girls Camp for the past three days, and it was the most DISASTROUS girls camp of my life. It was SO much fun... but it seems like I got hurt every time I turned around.

Tuesday. - So, Tuesday was great. :) We left at about 9:30 a.m. from the church, and headed to the ranch. When we got there, we took everything to our rooms, and found out who we shared with. Taylor, Courtney and I had a room to ourselves. :) Holler. haha. Then we split up into group A and Group B... I was in Group A so we did a craft... this is where my first injury comes in! I had a hot glue gun, and I was trying to glue some red diamonds onto a hat..... I ended up hot gluing my finger. NOT OKAY. I had a blister the size of Texas! It was seriously SO bad... It has to be a third degree burn... the glue was on my skin for at least 60 seconds... it was terrible. After that, we went horse back riding... longest ride of my life! hah. The area was SO beautiful though. It looks nothing like St. George does. It's Green, and... definitely not a desert. hahah. I loved it. Next we ate Dinner, and after that we had Testimony meeting (Weird that it was on the first day, right?). Testimony meeting is always my favorite part of girls camp. I love it so, so much. It was really great.

Wednesday - So Wednesday, we had workshops as our first activity. Phoebe gave a workshop on manners, Amy gave a workshop on modesty, and Candace gave a workshop on picking your future spouse. They were all SO much fun, and really great to hear. :) Next we had an Archery course, and this is where we met Duke... ohhhh goodness. Duke was just great. I feel bad for his poor soul for having to put up with our ward hahah. Duke is a super cute ranch hand that works at Rockin' R. He was in charge of us while we were at the archery course. We have some VERY flirty girls in my ward, so someone was always talking to him. hahah. We got a little bored, and hot doing the Archery course, so we decided to go swimming in the pond. :) I blew up my inner tube, and we used the canoes, and we had tons of fun. :) After that we went floating down the river... it took forrrreverr, but it was totally worth it. :) After the river we had our rodeo... and by this time, I wasn't feeling so hot at all. I knew I had a little bit of sun poisoning, and I had been coughing up a storm all day... not cool. None the less, I tried to jump up on a horse for the relay race.... and I popped my giant blister from the day before. talk about PAINFUL! Oh my gosh, I felt like I was going to die... I went and slapped a couple of band aids on it, and called it good... but I still did  not feel great at all hah. After our rodeo we had a dance... The dance, and after the dance are probs the most hilarious parts of Girls camp EVER... okay, so at the dance, Court and I were dared by our leaders to go and wrangle ourselves a couple of cowboys to dance... and they said that they would give each of us $10.00 if we did it. So after about 20 minutes of contemplating whether we were really going to do it or not... we decided it was worth it... so we walked up to this group of four boys, and Courtney starts asking them about Jitterbugging, or something like that... and I could see that this conversation was going south, because one of the boys pointed to another guy out on the floor, and said "He knows how to." ha... Okay, so I'm not the kind of person who takes no for an answer.... so I said "So do you want to dance with us, or what?" and they did.... hah! Greatest and most awkward thing of my LIFE! But we earned $10.00 out of it. :) hahah. After our awk. dance, we went snipe hunting... it's seriously one of the funnest things about Girls Camp... Sniping this year was the most EMBARRASSING thing of my life... no joke. So I have a flash light, right? And I got to lead the hunt this year, so I had the paper bag in my hand, and I started running up this hill... and I ran through this really tall grass... and the next thing I know... I'm falling.... off a CLIFF! And then I'm in a RIVER/DRAIN! What the HECK?! It's completely something that only I could manage to do... it was so embarrassing and hilarious... hah.

Thursday - The only thing that really happened on Thursday was we drove home... and it seemed like FOREVER, because I was soooo sick. Boo.

So it ended up being one of the best, but most dangerous years of Girls Camp Ever. Loved it.

No comments: