Sunday, November 21, 2010

Roads, Pathways, and Boardwalks.


"Once for Family Home Evening my family went out Four-Wheeling. It was our favorite thing to do when we were gathered all together. We had fun every single time. This particular time, we decided to go out at night time. It was very dark, but I thought I knew the trails that we took every single time well enough to go out on my own. I hopped on the Bike, and started off down a trail that I had been down millions of times before. I went about half way down, when I had the prompting to stop. I pulled on the break-handle, and came to an abrupt halt. I turned around, and began to go back. I started down the trail, but I got too far. I couldn't find the turnoff that I needed to take to get back to my family. I was lost. I hadn't a clue in my mind of what to do. I prayed. After praying, I did not wait. I turned the Quad around, and started back up the way I went, I decided that this was not a good idea, so I turned around once again, and kept down the trail. I started my way around a small hill, when I saw them. I saw the lights of my family's vehicle. A little shook up, I got back to my family. Heavenly Father answers every prayer, no matter how insignificant we think they are. Anything that means something to us, means something to him. Later, on our drive home, my father made one of the wisest comments that I have ever heard, ' There are a lot of roads out there in the night time. The good thing about it is that they all come back together. If you just keep following, you'll get back to the main road.'"

No comments: