Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jeff.

Story One :
The other day I was in the family room with my 'rents, and my dad kept on talking about some guy named "Jeff" finally, I asked "Who the heck is Jeff?" He proceeded to tell me that he was talking about "Jeff Holland." Yes, he was talking about the apostle... finally i said "Well, did you know him really well or something? Because I call him Jeffrey R. Holland." It was funny... hah. guess you had to be there, but yes, my dad knew Jeffrey R. Holland!

Story Two:
On Friday, my parents told me that they were going to be attending Elder Holland's mother's funeral. I went with them, because, well why not? Both Elder Holland, and his brother spoke, and they are both such amazing speakers. Elder Holland's brother told a handful of hilarious stories from his mothers life, and Elder Holland himself spoke more about heaven, and that he knew his mother lived a fulfilled life. It was so amazing to have the opportunity to hear Elder Holland speak in person, even though the circumstances were not ideal. I even got two piggy bank quotes out of his talk... and here they are.

It's not the events that happen, It's how we see, and handle them. - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

This earth is not our home. The only way out is up. - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

No comments: