Sunday, May 8, 2011

Control freak + Broken Arm = Mass Chaos

So I never realized how big of a control freak I really am until this weekend. I am a very Independent person, and i do not like asking for, or getting help. This stupid broken Arm has proved to be my biggest feat yet.

Things I have learned to do with one hand
  • open pill bottles
  • get dressed
  • shower
  • hang up clothes
  • fold blankets
  • clean my room
  • type (not well)

Things I cannot do...
  • straighten my hair
  • write (believe it or not... you do need your left hand for writing. even if you are right handed...)
  • put my hair in a pony tail
  • wear cardigans :(((((((((( this is possibly the saddest thing on this list.
  • make bracelets :(
  • wrap presents

there are a lot more things i could add to BOTH lists... but i want to keep the can's bigger than the can'ts list.

Tonight I tried having my sister straighten my hair... it was a disaster. no one can straighten my hair like I can. It drove me INSANE and I had a sour face on the whole time. I feel really bad, because she was only trying to help... but I wanted to do it myself soooooooo badly!

I think I know a couple of things that I'm supposed to learn from this stupid broken arm...

Things to learn
  1. I really am not invincible.
  2. I need to be open to help from others.
  3. I need to learn Patience. (there is nothing more annoying than waiting for an itch from inside your cast to go away... I have one right now and I am going INSANE!)
I am bound and determined to learn to do everything that I used to be able to do.

P.s. I kinda cheated, and unwrapped most of my cast (but i wrapped it back... it's still the soft one...) my arm is soooooooooooooooooo bruised. I haven't decided whether I think it's cool, or completely disgusting yet... haha.

No comments: