Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fredrick. ♥

The other day, Chandler and I decided to take an adventure... so we floated down the river. It took us about three hours (I think...?) To get from point A to point B, but it was totes worth it!

While on our Journey I saw something move really fast down the side of the river bank. I freaked out and stopped to see what it was. I moved closer, and closer to the side of the river. At first I thought that what I was looking at was a rock, because it was huge and very smooth. I decided to take a little closer look, and I realized that it was... (By the way the whole time while I was freaking out Chandler just kept on asking "What's happening, what's happening?" but I never said anything...) A TURTLE! I freeeeaked out and started screaming because I LOVE Turtles! like a lot! I was really scared to touch it, but I did it anyway. I thought that he was stuck in some branches, so we got him loose and watched him swim away. It was the coolest thing ever! We decided to name him Fredrick, (Fred for short). It was a way awesome experience and I am SO happy that it happened!

BTW: The photo above is a picture of Fredrick's species of Turtle. (But it's not actually him, and I'm kicking myself in the bum for not having my camera with me at this majestic moment of life...) I looked up the traits that I remembered he had, and found out that he is a Fly River Turtle. Link

No comments: