Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What color do you want?

Hellooo. I have a new cast and I am super happy about it! I went to the doc. today, and this very, VERY attractive boy took my blue cast off. (So now Josh wasn't here any more. [That's the only thing I ever saw when I looked at my cast... so thanks.]) He used this magic saw that cuts cast material, but not skin. (It vibrates, instead of rotates.)

I got X-rays for what seems to be the 800th time. At this point my arm was SO unbelievably WEAK! I was way mad. I tried to turn my arm around the way that I would hold it with my violin in hand... impossible. I felt so vulnerable and helpless! It's been 5 weeks since I fell off the stage, and I would think that my arm would be really close to healed by now, but noooo. I have 3 more weeks.

The Doctor put on my new, waterproof, short, red cast, and it feels so much better than the old one. I love being able to bend my elbow... although it's so sore right now, because of that stupid trick thing I was doing with my cast. (You know... when it looked like I had 2 elbows?) The doctor said that it was just a side effect of the longer cast... but I don't think he knew what I had been doing, and I was too scurrrd to tell him. ha.


He put the cast on, and had me make another Appointment for June 29th, which is when I'll get my cast off for good! I'm excited, but really nervous. I saw my arm today, and it was so difficult even to hold it up. I still used my elbow to lift it. I'm going to be taking a break from the Swig, and live off of calcium pills, vitamin D, and milk for the next 3 weeks... Wish me luck with that ha.

One good thing that came from all of this, is that I can now manually focus my camera! I already have a shoot lined up! It's an engagement shoot, and I'm stoked. :) I think life is starting to turn normal again.

No comments: